DIY Hibiscus Conditioner for Curly Hair


If you're South Indian, you've probably seen your mother or grandmother apply a slimy green paste made of hibiscus leaves on their hair.

As a little girl, I always ran far away from anyone who tried to touch my hair. Well, you can't blame me. They used to brush my hair like there was no tomorrow and slicked it back into a ponytail drenched in oil. So, I never knew what this gross looking paste was capable of. 

One Sunday afternoon, boredom kicked in and I thought I'd try out this age-old recipe.

I've got to admit, Mummy and Nana were doing something right! I was quite impressed! After using the conditioner my hair was left soft and shiny with so much volume!

I hope you'll take some time off and try it out too!

Ingredients:
10-15 tender hibiscus leaves
4-5 hibiscus flowers
1/2 cup water
1tbsp coconut oil (optional)

Procedure:
1. Separate the flower petals
2. Wash the leaves and petals thoroughly
3. Boil the leaves until it wilts. This helps it blend into a smooth paste
4. Combine leaves, petals and water and blend until it turns into a smooth paste
5. Strain the paste to get rid of the pulp
6. Add coconut oil and mix well


I applied this conditioner generously on damp hair after shampoo. Detangled my hair and let it sit for about half an hour. Washed it thoroughly and styled with flax seed gel.

Comments

Popular Posts